(LOS ANGELES) — The Los Angeles County District Attorney Office has revealed that it is reviewing a sexual assault claim against Sylvester Stallone.
The Santa Monica Police Department had been investigating the claim, and turned it over the the L.A. Country District Attorney’s office on Wednesday, reports People.
The alleged incident took place in the 1990s, but no details have been released regarding its nature.
“We have already notified the police that my client wants to file a claim against the woman for filing a false police report,” a legal rep for Stallone told The Hollywood Reporter back in December when a police report was originally filed in Santa Monica. “My client categorically disputes the claim and it is apparent that the woman filed the report to get a media outlet to publish the story.”
On Wednesday, Stallone’s lawyer Marty Singer, told Page Six, “They had a consensual, sexual relationship when he was single. But nothing happened.”
He continued, “Two third-party witnesses went to the police and then came forward to us and confirmed that story was completely false. The woman had stated how much she liked my client and what a great relationship she had with him — so it’s just not right.”
Singer added, “It’s not appropriate for anyone to file a police report because you wanna get a story out in the media,” Singer said. “It’s totally wrong.”
In a separate case, another woman came forward last year claiming the Rocky actor sexually assaulted her in Las Vegas in 1986 when she was just 16 years old. No charges were filed.
Stallone called that incident, “a ridiculous, categorically false story.”
Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Source: General Entertainment